Who We Hire
What we look for:
- Enthusiasm, social intelligence, communication skills and motivation to succeed.
- Hard working and organized.
- Ability to problem solve in high pressure situations.
- Love to travel and embrace new experiences.
- Ability to pick up the phone and call a wide spectrum of established and new partners from Directors of Facilities to part time student helpers.
- Commit to a 4 to 8 week period of time from Mid August.
- 21 years or older.
- Math and computer literate.
- Physically fit and able to lift over 50 pounds.
- High school diploma.
- Valid Driver’s License and confidence to drive nationwide.
- Foreign applicants must have:
- Fluent English
- International Driver’s License
- Passport, Work Visa (J-1 work/study)
- Apply for and receive a Social Security Card
POP up STore Events Teams
Our sales events teams work for a 4-8 week seasonal period beginning in mid-August. This starts with an intensive 3 day training session in Stroudsburg, PA. There you will learn event mechanics, sponsor relations, guerrilla marketing tricks, and pick up the know how and tools to use to make your events a huge success. After training you will then be assigned to a live event for a few days to hone your skills with an experienced team. Your team of two (yes! you can and should bring a partner/friend/with you!) will then travel to colleges and university campuses nationwide from a pool of long term partners to operate your own pop up events. You will get to use all your training to set up and create events featuring wildly popular wall decor items. In essence you will setting up pop up stores and managing them at various locations around the country. This carries with it all the responsibilities that you would expect. These include, but are not limited to, driving a 16" truck safely, professional customer service, accurate inventory management, creative visual displays and advanced marketing techniques.
The home office offers full support and tracking of your events including Floater Teams who may assist along the way. This is an awesome experience for those adventurous enough to embrace the challenge. Although an amazing experience in and of itself, it is also a genuine Resume Builder. We offer base pay plus accelerating commission structure.
The floater position requires an extra degree of flexibility. The primary responsibility of the floater team is to work with other teams at large volume or challenging pop up events. HOWEVER, floaters must be prepared to run events by themselves or to take over a schedule of schools if circumstances make this necessary. This position requires great diplomacy and flexibility since floaters often work with seasoned, experienced sales representatives or they may find themselves working with new teams in a leadership role. Floaters need a bit of the nomad wanderer in their being, since they are often asked to crisscross the country by car at a moments notice, joining and leaving teams from Maine to California. Floater Teams compensation is based on weekly base salary but can also have commission added where relevant.
Position requites 2-4 days training in mid-August at our Stroudsburg, PA training sessions.
If you are interested in being a team member, please contact Stella Petrocelli, Director of University Operations:
Here is what our team members are saying
about working at Beyond the Wall:
For more information on becoming a team member please contact: email@example.com